Monday 5 May 2014

From my Sketch book

This week I'm posting some roughs from a job I was approached about years ago.

I was hired by a local Wine distributor and asked to create a 'King' character for them. I think they were running with the 'King of wines' theme...or something like that.

I went and met with members of the Wine company marketing team and went through a few idea's. I sketched out a few roughs during the meeting which they loved.  When I left the meeting I went home and cleaned up the roughs with black texta and faxed them back, expecting them to be happy and select ther favourite one with some small comments ect and off we go...how wrong I was.

After weeks of back and forrward with the Marketing manager...we were going nowhere. Finally the marketing manager told me he wanted a life like character. I asked him if he was aware I was a cartoonist and I draw cartoons!!!!!!!

Finally we both agreed that it was best if we ended the project.





  Enjoy and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment