Monday 27 February 2012

Snow Scene Part 1

Below is one of my first illustrations I created with Adobe Illustrator. Up until then I had no idea of how Illustrator worked. I finally got off my butt and did a day course at CAE (Centre for Adult Education) to learn the basics of illustrator. Prior to the course I did all my work using a pen and paper then scanning it in Photoshop, where I added the color and tidied the drawing up.

The Illustrator course taught me the basics such as creating shapes and using the pen tool. Prior to leaving we each had to do an illustration demonstrating the techniques we had covered in each of the topics for the day. 

I created the 'Snow Scene' illustration below.



One night I found the 'Snow Scene' illustration and decided to re do it to compare what I did on a course 5 years ago to my current abilities on Adobe Illustrator. I had already updated the penguins (see post 21/11/11). I also decided to add a couple of extra features such as a killer whale.

The clip below is how I went about creating the Killer whale on Adobe Illustrator.

 

This is the finished illustration. Once I had created the Killer Whale I set about updating the polar bears.





Next week I'll show you how I created the polar bears and the rest of the new snow scene. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment